Happy Easter!

Just in time for the Holiday!

One of my hens starting laying! Not sure if it's Ami or Pastel. Ami seemed particularly flirty the night before and especially cheerful to see me the morning when it was laid, but as she is always flirty and happy, it's hard to say. Neither of them have seemed much interested in the eggs when I've messed with them.

We've gotten two more eggs since the first. The one laid this Easter evening was clean and situated in something of a nest, with another sort of nest beside it. Maybe my girl is starting to figure out what these oversized poops are for. The first two were just out in the middle of the pen getting kicked all over the place!

The internet says once hens start laying they produce a clutch of up to 18 eggs, one a day. Whichever hen is laying has consistently produced an egg each day for three days now!

I'm excited, but I don't know what to do with them hahaha! They're so pretty I don't just want to crack them open and eat them, y'know? I'm pretty sure they're not fertile as my boys have even less of a clue what a hen is and what to do with her than the girls do for eggs. They're more interested in puffing up and showing off for me. As long as they don't /see/ me, peace reigns supreme in the shelter. But they start fighting and showing off whenever they see me watching... hmm...

Comments

Popular Posts