The Day Bambi Came To Visit

So, the Turkey Five were out enjoying a wonderful summer evening today. They discovered a patch of greens near the little peach tree, and cheerfully helped themselves to it. Turns out Ami and Pastel should go into marketing. They made such a lark of the good quality of said greens that a visiting buck simply had to try them.


I spied him grazing out at the back of the pasture earlier. He didn't seem the slightest bit interested in us, so I had been content to let him be just as well. But when my turkey gals started singing the praises of these weeds, he stood up straight, got a particular gleam in his eye, and marched right over to have a nibble. Who knew bucks could speak turkey?

My turkeys were not at all pleased and came to huddle at my feet, warily clucking at the visitor. They eyed him suspiciously and Ami peeped and twittered her alarm with all due excitement. Meanwhile, the buck, while utterly unconcerned by the birds, gave me a stink eye to ward off any sudden movements on my part, and helped himself to the weeds.

Who cares about a silly old buck? I'm prettier than he is. Here, get my good side.

Comments

Popular Posts