Our Favourite Dish

Not to eat... to eat out of.

The babies have two dishes to eat out of - one is the lid to a little pot that I decided to use. The other is a kitty water dish. The following two pictures explain pretty well how they feel about these dishes:

The Kitty Dish

The Pot Lid

It doesn't matter what I put into these dishes--the pot lid is the one they prefer to eat out of and must be completely empty before they will deign eat out of the kitty dish. I'm not sure why. Also, they've got moods when it comes to food. Sometimes they prefer wet food and will eat only wet food. Sometimes they prefer dry food and will eat only dry food. They sure keep me on my toes trying to figure out what today's mood is. Especially that tiny little Ami. Her brother Cal weighs ten times as much as she does, and that's no joke.

I have a very refined pallet, you know...

Also, I extended their brooder, because things were getting much too cramped. All I had was some old fencing, so I let the wall down from the crate to be a new floor, taped a trash bag to it so the hay wouldn't fall out, and used the old wire fencing to make a new box. It worked out pretty well.

Does mom get points for creativity or what?

Comments

Popular Posts