More Like A Puppy

Random Trivia, every time Doodle has a week-i-versary from the day Doodle hatched, Doodle doubles in size. S/he is now twice the size s/he was when we bought her last week, and has her first little feathers coming in about her shoulders. At the time of my last post, there were only two per wing. Now there's about four per wing.


And she loves to be cuddled.

I was surprised, as I have learned that many, many first-time turkey owners before me have been surprised, to learn how affectionate and full of personality turkeys are. Our chicks didn't mind being held or petted, but they did NOT want to be preened or scratched. Doodle, on the other hand, loves to be tickled, preened, and scratched behind the ears. She likes her belly rubbed (though she won't roll over for it). She even chases her tail sometimes--like a puppy, round and around she goes.

These traits led me to try to teach her how to chase a ball... I don't think she got it though. She was only ever interested in the ball while it was in my hand, making that more-intense peeph-peeph-peeph she makes when she's feeling feisty. Interesting.

Also, just going to throw this one in here because it worried me and I couldn't find information about it anywhere on the internet, it is in fact totally normal for a baby turkey to pass gas. It doesn't mean that it is sick or constipated or anything when it strains like that. It is simply passing gas...

There's your TMI for today.

Comments

Popular Posts